Oh what a grey, miserable Monday it has been here today. It really has been the kind of day that makes you want to stay in bed, under the duvet and watch Audrey Hepburn films rather than braving the drizzle to go to work. Alas, I did have to go to work and to be honest my day went pretty well so I shouldn't moan. Are you ready to hear what's keeping me chirpy at the moment? Then I will begin.
1. I fit into my suit trousers again! Woo hoo! I haven't been in these bad boys since last November and that was only because I lost 4lbs when I had swine flu. This is particularly good as today was very much a trousers sort of day and I am getting quite bored of wearing dresses every day, as lovely as they are. Sometimes you just wanna cover up.
2. I have now stuck to my 5 hours of exercise a week for 4 weeks! I'm quite frankly amazed as we all know how quickly I give up when I do this sort of thing. To be honest the results that I'm seeing mean I'm going to keep it up- I'd be a fool to go back now. I still need to find more interesting things to eat as I'll get bored having the same healthy meals over and over so, as ever, if you have any healthy meal suggestions, let me know.
3. My brother and his girlfriend (hi if you're reading this guys!) celebrated their 1 year anniversary at the weekend and I'm really happy for them. They make such a cute couple and I'm so glad they got together.
4. I went back to my Mum and Dad's this weekend to pick up my wintery clothes and had forgotten just how many lovely dresses I had that were too small for me. Now I'm losing weight, I'll be able to fit into loads more of them and probably won't need to buy much over the winter-it's like having a whole new wardrobe! I've already planned which (as yet unworn) dress I'll wear for New Year's Eve!
5. I picked up a sample of Estee Lauder's Double Wear on Saturday and OH. MY. GOD. I love it! I have absolutely no idea why I've not tried it before but seriously- how amazing is that stuff?! It doesn't budge all day, love it.
I'm afraid I don't have much detail on my weight loss this week as I left the measurements at my Mum's on Sunday. I do remember however that I have lost another 1 1/2lbs which takes me to a total loss of 9 3/4lbs! Yay! I'm really happy with that as it's about double what I'd hoped to achieve in the first 4 weeks and I'm also very proud of my Mum whose consistently lost 2lbs a week since we started- well done Mumma!
I did get a bit bored of my Zumba last week because I'd used the DVDs so much recently so I'm mixing it up a bit with other DVDs that I like (mainly Ministry of Sound and Natalie Cassidy) and I've ordered a few cheapy ones too. Hopefully I'll fit in a bit more running if the weather cheers up a bit and of course I'm off to keep fit tonight as well.
How is everyone else fairing on the diet front? The grey weather makes me crave stodgy food so I need to find yummy things to eat when I feel like that so I don't give into cravings for pie and other such yummy but naughty treats.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I'm a bit tired and uninspired tonight which is why I've not got any pics in this post yet. How about this though- exactly where I'd like to have spent my day today...