The last week, the first of the school holidays, have been extremely difficult. I have far less to do and keeping my mind occupied has been near on impossible. But this is Monday. When I focus on the good stuff. So...
1) I popped to TKMaxx on Saturday and picked up some beauty bargains. These Butter London and Ciate polishes were in a little pack for £12.99 and having never tried either brand (bad beauty blogger) it just jumped into my basket. There was also a fab Leighton Denny set, but I couldn't justify 6 polishes in one go (I must have been having an uncharacteristically restrained moment) so I talked my Mum into buying that one and putting it away for my birthday. Yes, it's not until November but this way I will forget all about it and have a lovely surprise later in the year!
2) This flies in the face of what I've just said about keeping myself busy, but I'm thoroughly entertained by watching Gossip Girl from the beginning at the moment. I'm currently watching Series 1 and am halfway through, and as always, watching it makes me want to wear dresses and have better hair.
3) Speaking of what I've been watching, I saw Easy A for the first time yesterday and totally loved it. Emma Stone is freaking hilarious in it, along with, well, pretty much everyone else in the film. If you haven't seen it and like quirky films then I highly recommend it.
I've seen Emma with blonde hair recently and I really don't like it, I think she's gorgeous with her reddish brown hair, so I hope it's just for a part.
4) At risk of sounding like I'm gushing, my friend Neil has, yet again, been a very Good Thing this week. His lovely messages have put a smile on my face when I've felt at my very lowest. I've leaned on him heavily for the last few weeks but he's always there for me.
5) I'm really enjoying my new job. The people are great, I'm picking up plenty of hours and it's just fun. I'm working tonight and I'm already looking forward to going in which has to be a good sign.
How's your Monday going? And what did you get up to this weekend?