Anyway, for now I'm aware of the day and ave enough time to blog so I'm going to make the most of it.
1) I still have a couple of days before term starts again, which I'm trying to make the most of . I must admit that I'm glad this week is only a 3 day week- after 2 and a half weeks off it'll be a bit of s shock to the system, as much as I do love what I do. However I haven't done any work over Christmas so I have quite a few things to do so that I'm organised when I go back. Last term was hard as I started part way into the course and didn't really know what I was doing, so this term I want to hit the ground running and not end this term in such a crazy rush.
2) The last 2 weeks have been pretty good, certainly better than expected. I had a lovely few days up in Glasgow with family (although that seems so long ago now), a couple of trips to Leeds to see the guy I'm dating (our dates have definitely been a highlight of the holiday), I caught up with my friend Lucy on Friday and then popped over to Nottingham for NYE with the boy.
I don't feel like I've been at home much over the last couple of weeks, it's definitely not been a normal Christmas for me. But I've definitely made the best of it- it's been fun :)
3) I decided not to do a post about my Christmas presents, but this was mainly because I was so busy/lazy over Christmas. I love reading other people's (I know some people think they're showing off but I like them) but, even though I got some wonderful gifts which will no doubt make appearances in future posts, I will not be doing a round up of them. That said, I do need to find a place for them all, Christmas was over a week ago and they're still sitting on my bedroom floor... The best thing about Christmas presents is that I have been able to wear new things, use new toiletries etc every day recently. I won't lie, I love new things.
4) The Christmas decorations may be done today but the place does look bigger and brighter for it. I'm trying to see this is a positive (it is MGS after all) but I do miss them, I won't lie.
5) And lastly, my brother and his girlfriend will be back from NYC today. I won't lie, I'm rather jealous that they spent NYE there and it's got me thinking that I'd love to do that some time but it'll be great to see them and hear all about it. I might go up to Leeds at the weekend, if they're free. Well, they will have brought me a present back (which will more than likely have come from Sephora-WIN!) so it'd be rude not to :)
Well that took me longer to write than usual. I am definitely out of practice at these, as they used to be the easiest posts to write by a long way. In fact, I'm going to make that a mini New Year's Resolution- I will do a MGS every week, even if I don't have the time or energy to make it the full 5 things.
What are you up to on this Bank Holiday Monday?